Maybe one valuable asset that a coach might offer is silence while being present, observant, and responsive to what the Client presents.
Another thing that may be practical is to help the clients clarify what they want. Then one could allow the Client to be autonomous. Here partnering might be vital.
A distinction that may make a difference to the depth of coaching is the coaching session agreement. The deeper one goes into it, that may establish the depth of the session. We will experience together, if this is your will, how to be able to listen through three dimensions: having, doing, and being.
Sometimes we may respond to what the clients present, what may look like content. We could return with a question or maybe comment. And that might be followed by content or a context that may be revealed. We will get aware together of the distinction of content vs. context and how to invite to context revealing.
Speaking of context, one could be aware of what and how the Client gets triggered or maybe one’s judgments. Awareness may lead to being present, notice, and be curious about the shifts at the Client, including how things may trigger the coach.
If we notice patterns, that is fine, but judgments are a different horse. We may turn a pile of content, including our experiences into a metaphor.
Now that we opened up on context, one may learn and get aware of different coaching process phases and what could emerge of them and how making that transparent to the Client may raise more awareness and potential for learning.
Or we may be aware of where is the attention behind what we say as coaches flowing. Is it pointing to the current situation or maybe to an ideal, desired way of being? Or maybe in the past or is it problem-solving?
How we do it?
We have group activities
We got “intellectual” and practice parts in the seven sessions held in the group. In the practice section, we coach someone. And you receive feedback for what works great. And you can reinforce and consolidate that. Moreover, you receive upgrades where your coaching competence could go to the next level. Or you can respond to the client differently.
This process brings a lot of training. And you can practice between the group sessions. That brings more shifts, learning, and awareness, and consolidates the new Who of you.
We have individual activities
You might be wondering what the process we go through together is:
- You record a session with a client that grants you the explicit permission to record and distribute it.
- You create a transcript of your coaching session with the client. Those mentioned above will help us seek and find specific evidence of your competencies.
- You send the recording and transcript to me.
- I assess it in terms of seeking the evidence of competency
- I create a strategic plan with upgrades recommendations
- We hold a one-hour session on zoom to reflect on that together
- I deliver my written assessment plus upgrade recommendations
- You continue practicing what feels resonant and right for you.
- You get the credit for 10 Mentoring Hours with a Mentor in good standing.
If in my perception, your recording goes over the minimal requirements for ACC/PCC, you can send it to the ICF. Else you can record another one, and we could go again through the loop.
If you only seek mastery, you can go back and practice, and if you feel like you can come back later to check progress and see whether there is room for upgrades.
Group Session Dates:
- Tuesday the 9th of June 2020 at 19:00 HRS, Eastern European Time;
- Tuesday the 23rd of June 2020 at 19:00 HRS, Eastern European Time;
- Tuesday the 7th of July 2020 at 19:00 HRS, Eastern European Time;
- Tuesday the 21st of July 2020 at 19:00 HRS, Eastern European Time;
- Tuesday the 4th of August 2020 at 19:00 HRS, Eastern European Time;
- Tuesday the 18th of August 2020 at 19:00 HRS, Eastern European Time;
- Tuesday the 1st of September 2020 at 19:00 HRS, Eastern European Time;
Individual Sessions Dates:
Depending on your needs and constraints, you can start programming the three individual mentoring sessions with Ioan and get them by the 30th of November 2020.